Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I love what I do...

But, that doesn't mean I am not fighting and working hard to have this.  My most recent shoots, and the concert I conducted, have been so much fun and I have had great people to work with.  All it took was taking that first step and doing it.  It was tough for me but you know what, it was totally worth it!  I came away with some great images, and a performance, and in turn made my clients (friends) happy as well.  That was the best part.  Seeing their face light up when the peek at the LCD, or hearing the excitement after a concert, just confirms that I am doing what I love, I just need the confidence to keep doing it.  Building that confidence is easy; through practice and dedication.  Example: here is one from the first 5 frames I took of her.



I immediately knew this shoot was going to go well, and I showed her them and a huge smile flashed across her face.  We were then able to get shots like this:


Timid me, would normally not try this, in fear of getting in trouble, even though I knew it would a great thing to do.  I just did it.  Nothing happened, and we got a great shot out of it.  I was confident in my abilities and that pushed past the doubts so I could get what I was envisioning.

I really think that I have gained a tremendous amounts of confidence in these past few shoots, and my first concert conducting the Casco Bay Concert Band.  That is what I think was holding me back from making that first step.  So, now that I have made that first step... I need to keep the ball rolling. Follow through is the next hurdle that I need to overcome.  I'm ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment